A savory vegan take on a traditional French clafoutis made with ZeroEgg, a revolutionary plant-based egg substitute.
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegan egg
- 40 cl plant milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp organic white miso
- 2 tsp black salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of espelette pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granule
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 32 cherry tomatoes halved
- 160 g vegan chèvre cubed
- 5 oz of tomato bisque
- In a blender, blend the egg with the milk, miso and olive oil. Add the lemon juice, pepper, salt, espelette pepper and nutritional yeast. Add the flour and blend until smooth.
- Cut up the cherry tomatoes in half and the goat cheese (chèvre) in small cubes.
- Pour in buttered silicone muffin molds. Add 4 halved cherry tomatoes and two cubes of chèvre per mold. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake at 350F for 15min
- Serve warm/room temp with spicy tomato bisque on top and alfalfa sprouts.
This appetizer was served at the "Peeled" red carpet premiere. Chef Sandra partnered with ZeroEgg to create a totally vegan version of a French dish that's traditionally egg-based. The result is a unique, savory bite your dinner guests will love before the main event.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!