A delicious and easy vegan egg salad recipe that can be made in 10 minutes!
I always used to enjoy a good egg salad recipe. Since going vegan, I still craved an egg salad sandwich, so I decided to veganize the recipe!
- 7.5 oz extra-firm tofu
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise I use Follow your Heart
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp resh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of fennel
- Pinch of Kala Namak Salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices of Vegan Bread of Choice
- Spinach Pickled red onion, and radishes optional
- 1) In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, dijon mustard, capers, lemon juice, minced garlic, turmeric, salt, and black pepper.
- 2) Drain and press the tofu. Then cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- 3) Mix in the tofu and then lightly crumble it with your hands, keeping many of the cubes intact.
- 4) Stir in the fennel seeds, dill, and chives. Chill until ready to serve.
- 5) When ready, assemble the sandwiches by placing the optional spinach, onions and radishes and a scoop of the egg salad. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!