This Vegan Berry tart with melt in your mouth and the berry topping makes it perfect for a springtime dessert!
- SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- 1 1/4 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Coconut Sugar Can use can sugar
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 1/2 cup Canned Coconut Cream Thick top part only
- 1 1/4 cups Oat Milk
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup Can use cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Turmeric for color
- Pinch Black Salt
- TO DECORATE
- Berries or fresh organic fruit of your choice Have fun decorating!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loose-bottom tart tin or spray with non-stick oil.
- 2. Add all the base ingredients to medium sized bowl. Add extra water if it’s a bit crumbly, make sure it is pliable dough.
- 3. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry into a thin circle and transfer the pastry dough to the tart tin and press around the base and sides, trim off any excess. Prick the bottom with a fork to let hot air escape while baking.
- 4. Bake Crust for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is slightly golden. Allow it to cool in tart tin.
- 1. Add all the ingredients to a sauce pan without heating. Whisk until it is lump free from the corn starch. Place saucepan over medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes while stirring. Taste test and add any extra vanilla, salt, etc. if needed to taste.
- 2. The mixture is ready when you lift your whisk and it leaves little ‘ribbons’ of custard. You will see the custard start to thicken.
- 3. Remove saucepan from the stove and cool for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. If it is lumpy, blend with immersion blender.
- 4. When the custard has thickened further, pour into your tart base. Chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge or 2 hours in the freezer. Decorate and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!