These pulled jackfruit sliders are the perfect vegan entree for your vegan-friendly Super Bowl or any party!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups jackfruit fresh canned
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup vegan bbq sauce
- 6 buns
- vegan coleslaw
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan or Dutch oven.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Add the jackfruit, spices, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke. Stir to coat evenly.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the fruit has broken down.
- Spread the jackfruit on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 75 minutes, until the liquid has baked out and the jackfruit has a deeper brown color.
- Pour the vegan barbecue sauce over the jackfruit.
- Mix and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm on vegan buns with vegan coleslaw.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!