A simple and delicious staple recipe that everyone should have in their recipe arsenal, a Simple Tofu Scramble!
I love a tofu scramble once in a while for breakfast, but let’s be real, this recipe is usually my emergency recipe for dinner when I just don’t want to cook or have no idea what to make. You know those days? Breakfast for dinner is never a bad idea. ????♀️ It’s also an amazing way to sneak in lots of veggies into a meal. Now I don’t want to brag…. but my veggie intake is off the charts… I JUST LOVE THEM AND I CAN’T STOP. But if you’re someone who struggles getting enough, or you just can’t eat them for breakfast, this is the recipe for you! A scramble without veggies just feels sad. So load them in! You won’t regret it.
- 5-6 cups chopped veggies of choice recommend-> onion peppers, zucchini, mushrooms
- 1 block firm tofu drained
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black salt kala namak**
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant based milk
- ¼ tsp dry thyme & fennel optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add chopped vegetables and 1/3 cup of water. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Into the skillet crumble in drained tofu. Add turmeric, nutritional yeast and garlic powder and stir until combined and warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in black salt, baby spinach, plant milk and dried herbs if using. Allow to heat through for about 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are cooked and spinach is wilted. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!