Rose and Cardamom: a perfect combination for one delicious cookie!
I always loved the combination of rose and cardamom together. I love to drink rose milk with cardamom added to it. I thought it would be a great idea to make a rose cardamom cookie!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp rosewater depending on how strong you want the rose flavor to be
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of crushed almonds pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed rose petals plus more for topping;optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cardamom, and salt.
- 3. Add the oil, rosewater, and vanilla extract and mix until a dough forms.
- 4. Fold in the rose petals and optional crushed nuts.
- 5. Form a ball of dough about 1/2 inch and then flatten in with your hands to make the cookies. You should have about 12 cookies.Optionally, use a small cookie cutter or knife to cut fun shapes into them such as hearts and stars.
- 6. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with optional rose petals.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!