This is a super quick, (almost one bowl) type of cake. I usually make my own raspberry coulis by bringing to the boil raspberries, a touch of water and maple syrup. Then blend and strain to remove seeds. This cake is best served warmish with vanilla, vegan ice-cream!
- 2 flax eggs one egg is one tablespoon flax meal and three tablespoons water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry coulis
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Make flax egg by mixing six tablespoons of water with two tablespoons of flax meal. Let sit for two minutes.
- Mix wet ingredients with flax and coconut sugar.
- In second bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold gently to form a cake batter.
- Then gently pour in the raspberry coulis and gently fold through.
- Place in a 20cm greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!