Ripe avocado makes for a creamy spread on toast. It's a hearty and filling breakfast option and an easy way to sneak in some greens by topping with baby spinach leaves. Jazz it up with extra toppings or whatever you have on hand.
I was looking for a whole-food alternative to my usual butter on toast. Avocado is a healthy fat and spreads easily once ripe. Topped with veggies and spices, it's a delicious way to start your day!
- 2 bread slices
- 1/2 avocado
- baby spinach leaves
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toast bread slices
- Scoop avocado onto bread
- Mash avocado with a fork into an even layer
- Squeeze lemon juice over the spread
- Top with baby spinach leaves
- Season with salt & pepper
- Optional: Add fresh basil, tomato slices, red onion, dried chili flakes, etc.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!