This is the vegan crab cake recipe you've been looking for. These Lions Mane Mushroom Crab Cakes will have your loved ones questioning their diet after just one bite!
- "CRAB" CAKES
- 8 oz Lions Mane Mushrooms
- 1 Flax Egg or JustEgg
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Shallot minced
- 1 tbsp Just Mayo
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil To fry crabcakes or put them on the grill. If using a grill, use a grill mat.
- 1 lemon Cut wedges for garnish!
- TARTAR SAUCE
- 1/4 cup Just Mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Make your flax egg, set to the side (about 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken).
- 2. Hand shred Lions Mane Mushrooms into small pieces that look similar to a flakey crab consistency.
- 3. In large bowl, combine flax egg, mayo, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, Dijon Mustard, Parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 4. Mix in Lions Mane mushrooms, then mix in your Panko breadcrumbs. This mixture will make about 3-4 equal sized round, flat Patties (about ½-3/4 inch thick). Make your tartar sauce (mix all ingredients together and put in fridge until ready to serve).
- 5. Heat oil in sauté pan (or heat up your grill and place your grill mats). Cook patties for about 2-3 minutes per side (until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through). Add your garnish of lemon wedges, squeeze on top and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!