The perfect addition to your vegan holiday feast! Pastry crust is crisp and crumbly, while macaroni and cheese fill it. From the crust to the gooey, cheesy mac & cheese inside, this dairy-free version is spot on. Because of the uniqueness of the way these ingredients blend together, you’ll likely be dumbfounded when you take your first mouthful into this dish. When making this recipe, you may either make a giant pie or several smaller ones if you want to serve it as an appetizer.
- 1 Package 8 ½ oz of cornbread mix
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Flax Eggs flax eggs 2 tbsp water and 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 Jalapeno jalapeno diced optional
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp veg bouillon
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup cheddar vegan cheese of choice optional
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start with your crust- mix all ingredients together and press onto pie or tart pan.
- Mix all ingredients together and press onto pie or tart pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes (until cooked through). Tip: Add foil on top of the crust and press down, this will prevent from rising and will ensure the crust does not burn.
- Boil all of your veggies until soft- transfer to a high speed blender- add all of the spices and mix together, set aside.
- Now boil your pasta until halfway cooked. Mix together pasta and sauce then transfer to pre-made cornbread crust.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese on the top if you are using and then add your bread crumbs.
- Put back in a preheated oven at 375 for 15 minutes, checking to ensure your bread crumbs are not burning- cover with foil if the crust starts to overbrown. Serve with hot sauce and a side of collard greens! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!