This Cold Soba Noodle Salad is my ideal summer meal. Yummy noodles covered in a creamy, but light, peanut butter sauce and bursting with bright veggies and fresh herbs. It’s light but filling and requires very little cooking and minimal time spend in the kitchen!
Hot summer days are at their peak and by the time dinner comes around this mama is TIRED and overheated. ???? Does anyone else get into a summer cooking slump?? I’m sweating just thinking about turning on the oven. This Cold Soba Noodle Salad is my absolute favorite kind of summer meal. Tender noodles, crisp veggies and fresh herbs tossed in a creamy, light and delicious peanut butter sauce. It takes minimal cooking time, just enough to get those noods cooked. The whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes. I’m in love and have this recipe on repeat this summer.
- 6 oz soba noodles* 2 bundles
- 2 cups English cucumber halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot grated or julienned
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, whites and greens
- 2-3 tbsp each of finely chopped fresh mint cilantro & thai basil leaves (use all three! (may sub other basil variety))
- 2 tbsp peanut butter may sub other nut/seed butter
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar I use unseasoned
- 1 tbsp maple syrup sub agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 inch ginger grated
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- sliced serrano peppers or japalenos
- roasted peanuts
- 1. Prepare a pot of water and bring to a boil to cook soba noodles. Prepare vegetables and green onions as listed and add to a large bowl. Finely chop mint, cilantro and Thai basil and add to bowl.
- 2. Make sauce by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and whisking to combine.
- 3. Cook pasta per package instructions. When done, drain, rinse with cold water to cool pasta and drain again very well.
- 4. Add cooled pasta, to large bowl with other ingredients. Toss with sauce.
- 5. Serve immediately topped with sriracha and/or hot peppers, if you like spicy and roasted peanuts. Enjoy!
- Storage– If you happen to have leftovers, this stores well in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!