Gluten free, whole-food plant-based and healthy enough to eat for breakfast?!! You heard me right, CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR BREAKFAST. ???? YOLO.
Hey!! You know the moment when you take that last bite of dinner and that instant sweet tooth hits? What is that?? I think it’s just our bodies telling us to end our day on a sweet note. ???? This Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake is the answer to all our sweet tooth craving answers.
- Dry Ingredients
- 1/4 cup oat flour*
- 2 tablespoons cocao powder
- 1½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- small pinch sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strong coffee may substitute decaf coffee water or plant milk
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips**
- 1. In a mug or microwave safe bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- 2. Add in wet ingredients and mix till combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds. (Each microwave may vary, start with less time then add more. You want it to look slightly under done in the middle, try not to over cook!)
- 4. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!! It will be hot!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!