Warmer days are here and I’ve got summer salads on the brain! This Maple Mustard Broccoli Salad is SO bright and delicious. It’s easy, creamy and fast. The perfect dish to bring to your next summer cookout! Have your next party side or healthy meal prep dish ready in less than 15 minutes. No blanching, one bowl, simple ingredients. Oil free, healthy and delicious.
The secret of the best broccoli salad is all in how you chop the broccoli. No one wants to bite into a big chunk of raw broccoli. All that pops into my mind is when Michael forces Kevin to eat broccoli and the look of horror on his face as he chews it, thick stalk first. ???? Office fans, anyone?? There will be no chewing for hours on tough broccoli stalks here! The trick to a Broccoli Salad that is ACTUALLY delicious and enjoyable to eat is chopping the broccoli VERY small. These little pieces are easier to chew and enjoy and most importantly there’s more surface area that the creamy dressing can seep into. ‘Cause really, it’s always about the condiments anyway.
- 6-7 cup broccoli chopped small about 1 large or 2 small crowns
- ¼ cup red onion diced small*
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic pressed or finely grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked if possible
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients till smooth.
- 2. Add finely chopped broccoli, red onion, dried cranberries and sunflower seeds and mix until coated with dressing.
- 3. Enjoy now or make ahead. Flavors are best when you let it sit in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Storage- Keeps well in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!