This Baked Tofu and Grilled Asparagus Smothered in Hollandaise Sauce is the definition of a hearty vegan recipe!
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups Earth Balance Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour or Arrowroot Powder if GF
- 2 cups Oat Milk or Oat Cream
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Tiny pinch Turmeric for Color
- Pinch Black salt for "eggy" flaor
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pckg Asparagus
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Slowly melt the butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour or arrowroot and simmer for a few minutes. Then pour in the oat milk or cream and the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for a few minutes until thick!
- Asparagus: Cut ends off asparagus, cover with olive oil and lemon shavings, squeeze juice on top. Add fresh garlic, salt and pepper and put on grill for 6-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Tofu: Marinate with balsamic, minced garlic, sesame oil and cilantro. Grill to your liking then place tofu on bed of asparagus and smother with hollandaise sauce1 Viola!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!