- This event has passed.
First 2022 Montrose Beach Potluck & Volleyball of the Season!
May 28 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm GMT-0500
This is a continuation of the very successful events from the past 12 summers!
• Montrose Beach on Lake Michigan (PLEASE see the map on the event page or here: [chicagoveg.com/potluck.htm](https://www.chicagoveg.com/potluck.htm)) We will meet at a grass area SOUTH of the beach house – located on the east side N. Simmons Drive, between Wilson and Montrose. If you see the big antenna and/or the big white building, just go a little SOUTH and you will find us!
• If you have difficulties to find us using the map on the event page, you can set your GPS to this coordinates: 41.9639722,-87.6373554,17 or use this google map link: [google.com/maps/place/41%C2%B057’50.3%22N+87%C2%B038’06.6%22W](https://www.google.com/maps/place/41%C2%B057'50.3%22N+87%C2%B038'06.6%22W) where the red marker shows our location.
• Look for the “ChicagoVeg” sign
• Noon – 1:30 PM – Arrive, socialize, frisbee (introductions and start eating around 12:30PM)
• About 1:30PM – Volleyball begins!
• Driving: There is a lot of free parking by Montrose Beach, however some of the closer parking may fill up quickly, which is one of the reasons to arrive before noon! 🙂
• Public transportation: Several CTA buses stop at Montrose Beach, although it may be a bit of a walk to the picnic (< 1 mile). For more info: [rtachicago.org/plan-your-trip](https://www.rtachicago.org/plan-your-trip)
• Bike: Riding your bike is a good option. Remember, you can usually bring bikes on Chicagoland public transportation.
WHAT WE WILL SUPPLY:
• Volleyball and net
• Drinking water
• Some extra paper plates, plastic cups, plastic “silverware”, paper towels
WHAT TO BRING:
• A beverage to drink/dish to share – Please follow our Potluck Rules: [meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/Potluck_Rules](https://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/1299716/Potluck_Rules/) You are welcome to check out Recipes of the meals at our potlucks: [meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/boards/thread/7521957](https://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/boards/thread/7521957) where people shared some recipes from our previous potlucks.
• Please use Comment section on the event page to let others know what you plan to bring.
• Please check what other people will bring and specify what dish you plan to bring as you RSVP so all of us won’t bring a potato salad!
• Although we will supply them, we encourage you to bring your own plates/bowls/cups/utensils (to be more eco-friendly)
• The expectation to have a great time!
• Please use “Comments” area in the bottom of the event page to offer/ask rides and post any questions or comments.
• This is an outside event and subject to weather conditions. We will post any changes to the event page and will send an email.
• This is kids/family friendly event. Please respect our No Intoxicants Policy: [meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/No_Intoxicants_Policy](https://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/17842782/No_Intoxicants_Policy/)